Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Shaved lately?

Flash back to 1990. I was 10, and about to embark on my first attempt at SAVING THE PLANET.
'Recycle' was the new buzz word so I established a foundation called the Conservation Foundation (so original). I designed a logo, as I did for all my little 'ventures'. It featured a tree (original). Basically I led a team of kids in my class and we collected pencil shavings into paper bags for recycling (God knows why? There was plenty of waste paper around that was a lot easier to come by!).Poor Mum had to break it to me that they couldn't be recycled, at least not locally or for any useful purpose to our suddenly dying planet.
And here, immortalised, a gorgeous silver shaving spotted in Brunswick St, Melbourne..(I forget the name of it but it's the first cool shop on the street near the housing commissions). Or online at oyemoderne.com It's $200 by victoria mason.

No comments: