Wednesday, October 8, 2008

confessions of a print addict


I would like to consider myself a bit of a magazine buff. I have a bit of a penchant for  a good looking periodical, the typography... graphics... ahhh. But mostly I like the opportunity to catch up with what is going on on the world of design, graphics and emerging artists. I like to dream that the cutting edge is actually accessible. My secret mantra is  "I could be cool if I wanted to". Well, the Wooden Toy Quarterly is just the fix I need. A beautiful publication that sits well on any coffee table Wooden Toy Quarterly has its finger firmly placed on the pulse of emerging art and design in Australia and introduces its subjects with interesting in depth articles. Have you ever of Melbourne artist and illustrator Bec Winnell? Or Perth artist Kid Zoon? No? Well you should. And the best part is that the creative director Timba Smits really understands that art is just as important as the artists ( maybe that is because he is also one of Melbourne's coolest creative artists!) I reckon that I will earn some serious street cred just by reading this mag.





1 comment:

kurrabikid said...

I like your mantra! I also love design mags ... except when they remind me just how un-designer my own home is!!