Thursday, October 23, 2008

the future is analogue


Finally, today I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again (well, actually I do, in 4 weeks time) but you'll be left in the very capable hands of Xanthe and just think of all the goodies I'll have for you when I get back from my mini world tour! In the spirit of leaving behind my mobile phone, promising myself not to use the net and just get lost out there in the world I purchased the lovely analogue Diana lomo today. Despite having a father who was a published photographer, i just don't have a natural ability with technology so hopefully going old school will help me capture some ethereal retro images on my way. I'll be sourcing as many hot little european finds as I can for the blog and share them on my return. In the meantime, here are the Lomography Society's tips for shooting, and if you feel like picking up a camera of your own, I recommend you visit the friendly folk at Just Shoot Lomography @ Blender Gallery, 16 Elizabeth St, Paddington, Syndey! 

1. Take your LOMO with you wherever you go
2. Use it all the time, at any time - day or night 
3. Lomography does not interfere with your life, it's a part of it 
4. Get as close as possible to the objects of your lomographic desire 
5. Don't think (William Firebrace) 
6. Be fast 
7. You don't have to know what's going to be captured on your film
8. You don't have to know what's on the film afterwards either 
9. Shoot from the hip 
10. Don't worry about rules

No comments: