Wednesday, October 15, 2008

marguerite magnifique

While I can admit to asking my hairdresser to give me a 'Kate Moss' fringe, as well as to flipping harmlessly through the 'trashies' at lunch with my work girlfriends, I would never in a million years want to trade lives with a celebrity. While many women covet their looks and lifestyle, I would way prefer to spend a day in the life of one of Marguerite Sauvage's illustrations. Far more enchanting and colourful than any real life superstar, I would pack my pink bag and random fluffy animals, and head straight for the Cote D'Azur. Beautiful birds would fly from my hair and I'd end the day staring longingly into my husband's eyes as he offered me cake in a Parisienne patisserie. THAT would beat drinking a giant Starbucks coffee sans makeup while being harassed by paparazzi ANY DAY. Thankfully the prints by this leading lady of French illustration are available here, incredibly for around just $150 US. Elle magazine and Longchamps are also among her press clients to name just two. Sigh!

No comments: