Monday, December 8, 2008

barcelona-ivo & co

BARCELONA FAVOURITES: Finally tasting xurros & xocolat in Spain, the worn, peach coloured buildings, developing a good taste for mojitos, walking up to 20km a day to visit Gaudi's architecture across the city, and discovering that every shop, restaurant and bar in the city doubles as a conceptual design space- incredible! I WISH I'D- had a magic suitcase that allowed me to bring large design pieces home on the plane...oh, the furniture in BCN!
First stop in the most creative city I've ever visited...IVO & CO. Placa Comercial, El Born, Barcelona. I never thought I'd want to don an apron and dig up a recipe for applesauce, but Ivo & Co, arguably the most beautiful home wares shop I've ever entered, had me thinking like a Stepford wife the moment I stepped inside. Retro, frenchy, vintage style home wares beautifully presented with a country feel. Plenty of gingham, linen, scrubbed back metal, bird motifs and white washed furniture. Stay tuned for my lomos of this treasure when I get them developed!

No comments: